With 21,000 members, IPSE is the largest association of independent professionals in Europe. Originally the Professional Contractors Group (PCG), IPSE became the Association of Independent Professionals and the Self-Employed in 2014. They are the representative voice for independent workers in the United Kingdom, and sit on the IR35 Forum. They are a not-for-profit organisation owned and run by its members, aiming to improve the working life for millions of self-employed professionals.
IPSE recognises the contribution of a wide range of stakeholders in the freelance marketplace and invites them to become an IPSE affiliate, which shows a commitment to supporting contractors and freelancers.
K&B Accountancy Group has been affiliated and accredited accountants with IPSE (formerly PCG) since 2012, and we are now delighted that our partnership has grown stronger by becoming Accountancy Partners of IPSE in March 2016.
IPSE membership entitles you to a myriad of direct benefits which will defend and protect your business and also gives you access to dozens of member-only offers, many of which can save you money and make your contracting work even more rewarding.
IPSE Advantages’ scheme offers thousands of consumer discounts on items such as Apple products, Dell & HP hardware, software, gym memberships, and cash back at a variety of stores such as Dixons, PC World and Sainsbury’s. There are even discounts available on holidays and breakdown cover.
IPSE Advantages offers the widest choice of voucher, card and SMS offers on the market with over 2000 offers, meaning you can save hundreds of pounds each year!
IPSE membership offers peace of mind: they’ll defend and protect your business, meaning that you’re able to focus on running it without worry.
IPSE Standard members can make the most of:
- Free tax and legal helplines
- Specialists to defend you in a tax investigation at no cost
- Debt recovery – special member rate.
On top of this IPSE Plus members receive business interruption support including:
- £5000 life assurance cover at no charge
- Up to £1000 if an agency breaks contract
- Up to £10000 compensation for failed payments
- Up to £2000 if you are ill/injured for 3 weeks or more
- Up to £500 per day compensation for tax compliance meetings
- Up to £500 per day compensation for jury service for up to two weeks.
Working for yourself should be made as easy as it can be. IPSE bring you services to make your life easier and save you money at the same time.
IPSE members can make the most of:
- Discounted contract review service
- Access to IPSE Approved Accountancy services
- Specially negotiated Professional Indemnity Insurance rates
- Access to Club Workspace workhubs across London, with one day a week free and discounted rates for additional use
- NearDesk flexible workspace membership (worth £20) with special offers at selected regional spaces
- Priority access to HiredByMe, a tool which allows you to gather and share full, honest assessments from past clients.
IPSE offer you the resources you need to make working as an independent professional that little bit easier for you. There are also opportunities to develop as an independent professional.
IPSE members can make the most of:
- Guides to – Freelancing, Retirement Savings, Mortgages, Agency Conduct Regulations and more
- Toolkits with business templates, client contracts and more
- IPSE Magazine – our bi-monthly magazine with news, views, hints and tips for independent contractors
- Events across the UK on subjects from tax to negotiating rates
- Webinars on subjects writing the best CV to using Social media for marketing
- Access to discounted classroom and online training, often with certification or CPD points
On top of this IPSE Plus members also receive:
- 24/7 access to Virtual Ashridge – providing a wide range of online business resources to learn new skills and improve existing ones.